How Can I Help the World? Inspiring stories and practical ideas to help you join in with saving our planet.
A funny, practical book that, unlike most green guides for children, doesn’t only include fun facts and practical tasks but takes a more holistic approach, helping readers develop an emotional connection with nature and think in terms of community.
As well as explaining environmental problems in ways children can easily understand, the book offers:
- Real life stories of inspirational young people from around the world, such as Elizabeth Gadson, the ‘little litter picker’, school strike activist Greta Thunberg and Boyan Slat, the schoolboy inventor
- Made up example stories – designed to demonstrate how children in particular can make a difference
- Fun quizzes for children to check their own knowledge and attitudes
- Creative tasks as well as practical ones, to help children feel informed and motivated
- Social skills children might use to encourage the adults around them to think about these issues too, without annoying them
The book will appeal to teachers, parents and youth leaders as well as children, because many of the tasks are fun for adults and children to do together and in groups.
An excellent and timely encouragement for children to take action to save the planet… ~ Paul Lawston, Environmental Education Consultant
I love this book! It shows we can all make a difference ~ Elizabeth Gadson, award-winning young eco warrior
Love this new little children’s book by Jenny Alexander. Presents the whole climate issue to children of around 8-12 years in an informative and non-threatening way, giving lots of fun ideas of the things they can do to help improve their future ~ Jenny Jones
Lovely book that really chimes with thoughtful kids everywhere allowing them to make a contribution & for anxious kids who get overwhelmed by the world this book breaks down issues into bite size chunks & provides a positive focus for action – wonderful! ~ Sarah Mackie
How Can I Help The World?
A practical guide with lots of quizzes, jokes and stories.